In addition to the Henderson County Courthouse, Historic Johnson Farm, Main Street Historic District, Oakdale Cemetery, and Seventh Avenue Depot District, the Aloah Hotel, The Cedars, Chewning House, Clarke-Hobbs-Davidson House, Cold Spring Park Historic District, Mary Mills Coxe House, Druid Hills Historic District, Grey Hosiery Mill, Hyman Heights-Mount Royal Historic District, Kanuga Lake Historic District, King-Waldrop House, Lenox Park Historic District, Reese House, Clough H.
Rice House, Smith-Williams-Durham Boarding House, Erle Stillwell House, Erle Stillwell House II, The Waverly, and West Side Historic District are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Hendersonville is located at the center of Henderson County, in the southern mountains of western North Carolina near the Eastern Escarpment. The racial composition of the city was 81.44% White, 12.54% Black or African American, 9.09% Hispanic or Latino American, 0.73% Asian American, 0.28% Native American, 0.01% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, 3.48% some other race, and 1.52% two or more races.
Interstate 26 runs through the east side of the city, with access from Exit 49. In 1900, 1,967 persons lived in Hendersonville; in 1910, 2818; and in 1940, 5381 people lived here.
After many successful years at the theatre in the barn, HLT moved to an old stone church at 220 S.