Clayton News Daily (138 Church Street) Once a cotton bagging house, part of Claud Hutchenson's bagging and tie business established here in 1901, which produced the burlap and metal packaging used to get cotton to the market. Gayden-Sims-Webb House (158 Church Street) Built by Francis T.
Gayden in the 1850's, it was the only brick house in Jonesboro before the civil war. Gayden was also a trustee at the First Baptist Church and a captain in General Joseph Wheeler's Confederate Calvary. Looney was president of the middle Georgia College, which was built in 1880 across the street on the site of the 1960's First Baptist Church. Main Street) Erected in 1870, this is the third home built at this location by the Burnside family. Five Burnsides are buried in the family plot behind the house. Main Street) This restored house has a new life in the community.
Atlantans have been flocking to Terminal West for live music since 2012, but the addition of Stationside in 2013 pushed the King Plow Arts Center venue over the top.
Chef Dan Brown opened the counter-service spot as a modern take on the traditional soup and sandwich joint.
Don’t miss the adobo roasted pork Cubans, chickpea burgers and San Marzano tomato soup.